Historical Society Museum - The
Celebrating 50 Years
Dedication June 5, 1963
Front row l-r: Rev. B. W. John,
Hallie Vanosdale, Mabel Barlow, Jane Price Sharp,
Katherine McClure, Belle
Wooddell, Mrs. R. R. Pittman.
Back row l-r: Robert Jacobson,
Alfred McNeel, Virgil Harris, William P. McNeel, Harry L. Sheets
In Memory of Robert
W. Va. First
Lady Opal Barron, Author Pearl S. Buck,
Mrs. Anna Hunter
and W. Va. Governor W. W. Barron
Arriving for the
Dedication of the Museum and the Pearl S. Buck Library
W.Va. June 5, 1963
replica of the River Ark is on the grounds at the museum.
in such books as W. A. Blackhurst's "Riders of the Flood,"
arks were used for housing, cooking and boarding horses during
drives on the Greenbrier River in the late 1800's and early 1900's.